INTERNATIONAL COURSE 2016
LAND REHABILITATION OF DEGRADED ENVIRONMENTS
Lugo (Galicia, Spain) April 4-15th, 2016
University of Santiago de Compostela, USC, (Galicia, Spain)
USC IN THE WORLD
Santiago's Way (Camino de Santiago)
Abeiro Residence, Lugo, Galicia, Spain.
Hidrobiology Research Centre, Villagarcía de Arousa, Galicia, Spain.
- 16 students from Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece and Germany.
- Students enrolled at BSc/MSc levels on Biology, Forest Science, Forest Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Civil Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology.
- Teachers from Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Mexico and India.
- Origin Centers: University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain), University of Lisbon (Portugal), University of Pisa (Italy), University of Athens (Greece), Forest Research Centre of Lourizán (Spain), Biologic Station Encoro do Con (Spain).
- External evaluators: National Autonomous University of Mexico, Indian Institute of Science.
- An innovative learning methodology was implemented to improve access and interaction through the combination of the Chamilo E-learning platform with real-world activities (classrooms, personal work, laboratory and field practices)
- Training on land rehabilitation interlinking basic and applied science
- Training on entrepreneurship and employability skills
- Field trips included the demonstration of characterization, diagnostic, rehabilitation and monitoring approaches for burnt soils, coastal dunes, contaminated soils, riparian areas and wetland habitats
- A real study case project was developed by each student and supervised by a subject specialist teacher
- ERASMUS Certificate for the International Course (6 ECTS)
Intensive Course April 2016 USC Schedule