INTERNSHIPS IN INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES
Practical experience and employment skills will be provided by means of an internship programme combined with solid online and personalised training on employment and entrepreneurship. After the academic phase (International course), a real-world work experience will be offered by means of a blended mobility through an internship in international professional organisations. The students will carry out a hands-on experience and explore connections between the academic track and professional activity, gaining essential skills on certain techniques of Land Rehabilitation. This will provide also a good opportunity for interaction and feedback between the academic and professional partners.
STRUCTURE AND MANAGEMENT
MENTORING AND ASSESSMENT OF THE STUDENT
- Duration of 1 month
- Each professional partner of LANDCARE will offer 3 placements for internship
- The students participating in the International course can apply for placements in the different companies
- Before and during the stay, all participants will conduct Training courses on topics related to employ and entrepreneurship, such as: social skills for employment, worker 2.0, networking, European labour market, diversity management in multidisciplinary teams work, personal brand, etc. They will also receive a "Guide to living and working" in the destination country. This training will be using the modules SPOC supported by classrooms and personalized interviews.
- The student’s work will be supervised by two tutors of the host company and the sending Higher Education Institution (HEI).
- Final report submitted by the student and evaluated at the end of the period.
- The assessment of the student’s achievements will be based on the implication of the student in the work assigned (reported by the professional partner) and the final report.
HOST ORGANISATIONS (professional partners of LANDCARE)
- ERASMUS Certificate Recognition of the internship
- Forest Research Centre of Lourizán/Conselleria do Medio Rural - Xunta de Galicia CIF-Lourizán (Spain)
- West Systems SRL – WS (Italy)
- Empresa de Desenvolvimento e Infra-estruturas do Alqueva – EDIA (Portugal)
- Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation – Archipelagos (Greece)