TRAINING IN LAND DEGRADATION AND REHABILITATION: CURRENT CHALLENGES AND NEW EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
Dates: 26-27 October, 2017
The International workshop “TRAINING IN LAND DEGRADATION AND REHABILITATION: CURRENT CHALLENGES AND NEW EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
”, addressed current needs and recent tools in high education formation to foster the advancement of Land Rehabilitation across Southern Europe.
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
FIELD TRIP GUIDE
ORGANIZATION AND SUPPORT:
- The program included a full day of oral presentations and a full day field trip to promote in-situ discussion about challenges for Land Rehabilitation Training.
- The four topics of the project were addressed: wetlands, wildfire areas, coastal systems, contaminated soils.
- Invited International speakers focused on the State-of-the-Art Challenges in Land Degradation and Rehabilitation Training.
- Academic and Professional project partners presented LANDCARE Outputs that seek to align New Educational Resources with Societal Challenges
- Erasmus+ Students presented their experience from previous LANDCARE Courses and Internships.
- The Workshop hosted the presentation of the first Network for Education, Training and Transfer: land restoration and development.