WORKSHOP ECOLOGICAL RESTORATION:
EDUCATION, TRAINING, COMMUNICATION AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYABILITY
SERE 2018 Restoration in the Era of Climate Change
9-13 September, Reykjavik, Iceland
STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICS OF THE WORKSHOP
- The LANDCARE project was presented in the first part of the workshop
- The workshop included 9 oral presentations of speakers from institutions of Israel, Iceland, USA, Spain, and Portugal.
- Dowload here the book of abstracts of oral presentations
- In addition to oral presentations, interactive discussions with public were dynamized by participants from Spain, Australia and USA
- The discussions at the 2nd part of the workshop were articulated around key questions of the Survey on Land Restoration Education Capacities, distributed to the workshop participants during the first part of the workshop
- Target questions of the Survey on Land Restoration Education Capacities discussed during the workshop:
- Are Ecological Restoration studies properly addressed in your country?
- Are there available teaching materials and Real-World Restoration examples appropriate for teaching?
- Which are the main barriers hampering the development of the employment sector in Ecological Restoration?
- About a new International Network for Education and Training. Would you be interested? Which topics and approaches do you suggest?
- Results of the Survey on Land Restoration Education Capacities were analysed in real-time and presented to participants in the second part of the workshop.
- The Workshop was closed with the presentation of the Network on EducatIon and Training for Ecological Restoration